Saturday, January 24, 2009
Trey's Bracelet
Trey has been wearing a bracelet in all of the pictures we have received of him. I asked some of the adoptive parents from the yahoo group I belong to what this was. I thought maybe it was a nametag of some kind. This is what I found out from one of the moms... "the bracelet is a Buddhist belief used to protect them from evil spirits. It is basically a piece of string with all these little hollowed out bamboo pieces on it. The Nannies make them." While we don't follow these beliefs, I am glad to know what it symbolizes to be able to tell Trey about it one day. It will be nice for him to have something to keep that he received from the nannies in the orphanage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i read that too! our little girl has one as well, it was nice to read what it symbolizes and to know that the caregivers are really invested in the care of our little ones!
My son's bamboo bracelet that he was wearing on the day of our G&R is one of my most cherished possessions. These kids come home from LS with truly nothing other than their bracelet (for those who receive them) and the donated clothes they were wearing. Best of luck!
Hope you don't mind that I quote you on this. We can see that Jacob has one in his latest set of pictures.
Post a Comment